21 January 2009

Up to Date!

Here is an update of my calendar quilt. I have 20 strips, one for each day of the year so far. I used this weekend to get all caught up. So far each strip does correlate with a project that I had been working on at the time ~ you can go to my blog to see a better explanation of what the strips are from, and closeups of the applique and embroidery. Our "Sloanies Club" that I lead at the quilt shop where I work will be doing the Calendar quilt too, so I'll be posting show and tells from them on my blog in the future!

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

10 comments:

Goosey said...

What a lovely idea this challenge is, It may not be to late for me to have a go at this too.

Anonymous said...

Love your large snowflake. Very nice touch.

Nancy Page said...

My friend from the With Thread in Hand blog told me about this challenge. I would love to join in if I may. Let me know how to get started.

Carrie P. said...

Love the snowflake.

Narelle said...

Yes, love the snowflake. Also a good idea to add the new president.

I thought of adding things like birthdays, anniversaries etc, but significant milestones throughout the year would also be a good reminder.

Dawn said...

Thanks for the comments! Anyone can join in and make your own. Read some of the posts here for ideas and start your own. There really aren't any rules, that's the fun of it!

rachel griffith said...

oh it's SUPER cute!!!

andsewon said...

Oh my love that snowflake and yes need to add the new president info too!!
I have to figure out how to do it on my machine! It will do it but I have never used it!Gotta drag out that book!!!

QuilterMary said...

I'm going to play too. A strip a day - I think I can handle that. I didn't know you were a blogger!

Kritta22 said...

Look at you with your stitches! Nice work!