05 January 2009

Striping has begun.....;-)


I got it going on!! Here is my beginning!

My strips are 2" X 12.5", why you ask...well I had quite a few left over from a log cabin block swap a few years ago so why not use 'em! Just will make mine a tad bit larger is all.

I am also going for the dark/ light sequence...will make it easier to not show the seams , press to the 'dark side'....ha!!

I think it may be easier to sew this baby up then to pull fabs and cut all the strips! ;-)!

I am just going to add a label to mine stating the dates on it.

Now I just might have to applique some thing on it too but we shall see...doing these baby steps first!!!!

Look forward to seeing our progress !!

Thanks Rachel for hosting!

Lola

2 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Great fabrics Lola.

rachel griffith said...

ooohhh'ing & aaahhh'ing here.

can't wait to see this quilt come to life.