05 January 2009

Hi ya'll....


I'm Tonya from Tonya's Sewing Room.  I live in the mountains of NC and started quilting/sewing in 2005.  I have most everything I've finished on my blog spot.  However, I have a couple times forgotten to take a picture of something before it leaves my hands.  That makes me mad at myself when I do that.  Anyway.......

This is my first challenge and I'm so excited.  I loaded a pic so you can see how I'm getting started on this.  I've cut strips into pieces of 1"x 6"  Then I'll sew 10 strips together, and then 2 more sets of 10 to make a block of 30.  From there, I'm not real sure how I'll piece it together.

In the picture you see, I have about 100 strips already pre-cut in a Care bears blue tin (this was my sons, yeah.....he was glad to give it to me).  Then to the left of the tin, you can see the fabric I have layed aside to also be strips.  

Happy Quilting all, and thanks to all who have been so nice to me.  I'm new in the "blogging" world.  And I've found some really nice people.  Thanks again....

4 comments:

rachel griffith said...

hi there.
pre cut strips...man you are SO ahead of me with that one.
lol.

Regi said...

Welcome to the group and to blogging. It will quickly become an addiction of sorts, at least it did in my case. *smiles*

I like your idea of pre-cutting the strips. Nice job!

~Regi

Kritta22 said...

pre cut strips??

Awesome!

OliviasMyKid said...

Tonya, you are so organized! Very impressive... and nice job!

~ Christine