06 January 2009

Excited!

Hi Rachel and All! I'm excited to join in on the calendar quilt challenge! I'm Margi and found the site via the Pat Sloan yahoogroup as well as her blog. I'm deciding on layout right now. I'm thinking 4 columns of 3 months or 3 columns of 4 months with sashing inbetween each column as well as around each month. Also thinking along the lines of putting the month names on either in embroidery or applique. If applique probably just the short version of the name or maybe even a symbol to represent the month,,,like a heart for Feb, sunflower for August, witches hat for Oct. That type of thing! mmmm, now that I have said it out loud I rather like the symbol idea the best as it says,,,,yup calendar quilt without screaming calendar quilt! LOL

Have a great day, can't wait to see pics!

margi

2 comments:

rachel griffith said...

oh i LOVE the symbols!!!
do you have pat's book???
miss karen did symbols and i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it!!!

Regi said...

Welcome to the group, cant wait to see what you come up with.