06 January 2009

Another Lisa Intro

Hi All!

I'm another Lisa. I've been blogging at Books. Lists. Life for several years now but am starting a new blog just for my sewing posts. I'm hoping to use the new blog for the little tidbits that most of my other readers don't care about, but that other quilters and crafters would appreciate. You can find the sewing blog at made by lisah, but you've been warned that it's very very bare over there right now!

I am married, work full time, have two sons (3.5 and 9 months) and live in South Dakota. I've been quilting for about 8 years, very slowly and only baby quilts, but in the last year or so my sewing has really picked up and I've gotten braver in what I attempt to do. This will be my first sewing challenge and I'm really looking forward to it!

I am still a bit undecided on how I want to do mine, but margi's idea to applique a symbol for each month really appeals to me. I like the scrappy look much better than the every strip equal look, so will probably go that route as well. I've set aside some fabric to get me started, but haven't yet sewn them into a block.

5 comments:

Regi said...

Welcome to the group Lisa... sounds like you have your hands full with your little men. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Kritta22 said...

I'll check out your blog tomorrow...it's 10 here...gotta go to bed!

Cant' wait to see what your treasure looks like!

Where in South Dakota?

My dad was born in Hot Springs and grew up in Custer. I have family in Edgemont, New Castle, WY and pretty much all over that area.

Betsy said...

Lisa, your blog is very nice. I love all your unique bags!

rachel griffith said...

welcome lisa!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks all!

Kritta, I live in Rapid City, so very close (in SD terms anyway) to Hot Springs and Custer. I am originally from AL, but find that I really do love it here.

Fiesta, thanks! I'm still working on getting all the pictures into the albums. It's slow going.