14 January 2009

Another new member... 01-14-09

Hi all!


My name is Carol. I'm a SAHM with twin 2 1/2 year old daughters. I'm kinda new to quilting. I made a couple quilted bags and mini patchfoilios now onto quilt making. So, I've decided to join along and make a calendar quilt. I guess I'm going to be using all sorts of sized fabric. Just so it's all the same width is my guess at what I'm doing. It's all new to me... but sounds like fun.


I was able to pick out some fabric scraps from recent and not so recent projects while the girls were napping today. Tonight I'm going to piece everything together.


I hope this will help me get to my lonely sewing machine for more than family projects. I also have two other quilt projects I'm following and 2 more quilts I'm pretending to make for the girls.


Anyway, here is a picture of the fabrics I have choosen for this project, well at least part of January.


Again, my calendar quilt is going to be scraps of fabric from current sewing projects. Now just for me to catch-up on the sewing part... and figure out what my width will be for the "block".


:)
Carol in PA

3 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Your fabrics are really nice. Maybe you will be able to catch up while the twins sleep.

Shelly said...

Welcome to the group! We're all going along this road sort of on time--but not necessarily all on the same page. Although we try real hard to be at the same point. LOVE your fabrics. They're so cute!
Quilting together,
Shelly

rachel griffith said...

cute fabrics!!!
:D