22 January 2009

Jan 21

Today I finished the round casserole cover I started at my guild meeting... just need to get some cording to close it with ( used some yarn for now just to show). You pull the strings and the sides close up snugly over the "potholder". I have to finish stitching the binding around the rectangle cover and add cording to tie it closed too.

The kids have been home from school since last friday due to cold weather and "snow". There is one corner of the county that is at a higher elevation than the rest of the county and they got more snow and ice on tiny country roads. They have more tree covered roads and are colder up there too, so it hasn't melted enought for school bus travel. Meanwhile, down here, the roads are clear, kids are thrilled to be out of school and parents are frustrated!

I haven't been able to get as much done as I would like, but I've kept busy finishing up one of my UFOs... a gift for a friend that had hip replacement surgery last week.

I love all the pictures and ideas that have been posted. My blocks aren't as colorful as everyone else's yet, but I love all the delicate white on white prints. I didn't realize I had so many! (I'm not sure that you can really see it in the picture, but in person I think it looks great!)
I know, some are off white and tan too, but I catagorized them as whites when I sorted my scraps. I'll eventually get through all my colors of scraps and have blocks of different colors for each month. I think February will be pinks for Valentines Day, March will be greens for St. Patrick's Day and April will be spring colors for Easter. I'll have to look at my fabrics and think about each month after that to pick a color. I'll eventually find a border color and set them all together. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it..... I think! :<}


hm

5 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I love the idea of different colors each month. Nice cassorole covers.

Narelle said...

Those covers would be very handy.
Your idea of different colours to depict each month is very clever.

Betsy said...

i too like the colors for every month

Carrie P. said...

You have been very busy. I like the "white" calendar quilt. I thought about doing it that way too but changed my mind when I saw an embroidery block for each month.

Anonymous said...

I need to make a new casserole cover for myself. The one I'm using was made by my mom about thirty years ago. I love you whites. what a clever idea.