06 January 2009

Hi, I'm Della

I am so excited to join this challenge. I have a lot of ideas running around in my head that I need to get down on paper so I can add ideas as they come to me. I'll probably do three colums of four months each. Each month will have a small heading with the same of the month written (by computer) and a small theme button for each month, like a snowflake for January cause I live where it is supposed to snow, flowers for June and July, Halloween for October, etc. I think you get the picture. January fabrics will be blues for winter and snow except for the 8th which will be purple because it my daughters birthday and that is her favorite color. Her name will be printed on the fabric and there will be a star button on the strip. I will do this for each birthday in our family, all star buttons and the person's favorite color. I am so anxious to hear what the rest of your are doing and borrow some ideas from you all. Oh, one more thing, I am making four of these quilts. You heard me right, FOUR. One for me and one for each of my adult children. It is only doable (is that a word? it is now) because I will be doing a month at a time, and can get them completed in time for Christmas gifts. Yippie, a lot of my shopping is done already cause this will all come from my stash. Now I'm even more excited. Good luck everyone.

Della

5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Yes, I think 4 quilts is doable especially since you are doing a little at a time. The buttons are a great idea.

rachel griffith said...

holy moly 4!!!
that rocks my socks off!!!

i think that the birthday strip is a cute idea!!!

can't wait to see your QUILTS take shape.

OliviasMyKid said...

Della, WELCOME! I love your ideas, especially doing the different color strips for family members birthdays. I'll have to remember that on February 12th -- it's my sister's birthday. Thanks for sharing!

~ Christine

andsewon said...

Well you go gal!!!
Love buttons!!!
I have so many family birthdays through the year it may would turn into a birthday quilt! HA!!
Lola

Regi said...

Welcome to the group!

My daughter's birthday is the 8th as well. She will be 19. I am in hopes of finding a piece of fabric locally that has a birthday theme to it ( I may have to order it online)... and i want to use that same fabric for all the birthdays.