07 January 2009

Stash Building

Ok everyone, I'm not exactly using this challenge as a stash-buster, but rather a stash-builder. I have only made 10 quilts and 3 of them were out of Kansas Troubles...on the dark and drab side...so I just can't see putting that material with my Christmas, Fall and Florescent material and come out with a nice quilt. Therefore, I'm using this challenge as a stash-builder and I'm adding fat quarters. I just returned from the quilt store and purchased 24 FQs in pinks, blues and purples. I'm thinking I'll need to return for another 24 FQs in yellow and green and possibly some orange. I'll also need to purchase some white-on-white for my sashing. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Have a great evening!

6 comments:

Kritta22 said...

AWESOME!!! I don't know if you know but Jane, on my sidebar, sells fabric online!! Love that! And it's a better deal than my fabric store. you should check her out!

Busy Little Quilter said...

I think using this as a stash building mission is a great idea, and it sounds like fun! I remember when I first started quilting and I needed to build my stash. Now I have too much of a stash!

Your quilt is going to be pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, another excuse to buy more fabric!! Thanks, Amanda :0)

Jacqui's Quilts said...

It sure builds your stash! I have more novelty prints in my stash since I started this project...you just never know if you might need this for the quilt, ya know!!

Jacqui

Carrie P. said...

Have fun adding to your stash.

rachel griffith said...

boy oh boy...adding to the stash...ALWAYS a fun job!!!