19 February 2009

Mel's Calendar Quilt

So, here is my quilt to this point.


I thought it would be fun to applique a primitive flower to the top of the strip panel I have thus far.



I also scalloped the bottom of a set of strips and appliqued them in place. I did this twice because I didn't like the fabric I had appliqued them to the first time. I'm happy with it now (as pictured).



OK, well, I think I'm caught up to the end of February.

I love this project and have had many compliments from friends and family who've seen me working on it!

Have a CREATIVE day!!

6 comments:

HelenMarie said...

WOW! That is gorgeous! I love the scalloped edges and the added flower!

Great work!

hm

rachel griffith said...

omg!!!
this. is. amazing.

:D

Deanna said...

gorgous!!

Stacey said...

wow, that is beautiful!! something i dream of being able to make!! ( i am new to quilting, and very new to color!!)

Simone de Klerk said...

This looks amazing, Mel! Very different from what I have seen until now (O:

Carrie P. said...

Very cool!! Like those edges.