07 February 2009

Calendar Quilt Challenge '09




I started my calendar quilt with a bit of catching up to do. Now I am into February and have only two days to catch up on. Just call me "Catch up Miss Nancy" and I don't even like ketchup. I am making my Calendar Quilt with 2 1/4 inch by 6 1/2 inch strips of scraps, each month will have its own color. Then I am fusing a piece of muslin on the scrap for a certain day making note of an event for that day, such as the inauguration of the president. I will try to attach two pictures for my January calendar so you can see what I am attempting to describe.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

OMG this is so pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us. I love how you've notated special days! That's really cool. ~Shelly~

rachel griffith said...

okay...
seriously...
i LOVE the muslin idea!!!

i mean...
now THAT is too stinkin' cute!!!

Carrie P. said...

What a great idea of the little labels. Love your fabrics too.

Deanna said...

i like these quilts that have certain days labeled! cool way to remember the memories

Simone de Klerk said...

I love the comments you made. This really makes it a 2009 quilt!