07 February 2009

Goodbye , January

Jan Calendar Challenge A good idea is a good idea (thank you, Carrie)! January's mega-block is finished and trimmed to 9½ x 36".

The appliqué and stitchery is the January block from Ellie's Quiltplace Country Calendar BOM.

Woot! Kinda like two BOM's in ONE!!

All of the strips are from my scrap bag - literally a brown paper bag that sits on the floor within arm's reach of my sewing machine. The only design guidance I allowed myself was to stick to blues, purples and greens for this month.

...and I'm pretty sure that it's not nearly as rainbow-shaped as it appears, though the striped strip does smile a bit!

Jan Challenge Detail
Special dates include my grandson's first date, my little dog's birthday and the inauguration of our new president.

February has started with small squares, rather than strips. I'll probably incorporate strips later in the month. This month's block is up-to-date - the stitchery/appliqué is finished, the squares are sewn. Once it turns into something that's, uh, something, I'll share pictures!







6 comments:

rachel griffith said...

SUPER DUPER cute!!!
seriously!!!

Deanna said...

Perfect!! love the added touches of special dates to remember.

Nancy Page said...

Really nice January. Love the snowman.

Shelly said...

It looks so good! Wish mine had that much pizzazz and personality to it! Can't wait to see February's! ~Shelly~

Carolyn said...

thank you so much for the link to the calendar applique months. I have been looking for something like this to use on my calendar....they are so cute

Carrie P. said...

Great minds think alike. Love the way you are putting important dates on your quilt.