03 February 2009

January/Feb. introduction


Let me introduce myself....I am Carolyn from Ohio. I am active on Pat Sloan list and Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville group. I have been quilting for many years and love using scraps in creative ways so this project is right up my alley.

Finished January (minus one day) and first part of February. I am not sure how I am assembling them yet so I will just keep up with them month to month until I make a decision. I am having health challenges this year and will have major surgery with a 5-7 day hospital stay this month so this calendar will be a tool for marking the days and victories. I am excited to be part of this group and working on this project!

5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Your blocks look great so far. Hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

rachel griffith said...

your blocks look great.

good luck with that surgery honey.

Deanna said...

love the blocks!

also, good luck with your surgery.

Shelly said...

Glad to meet you Carolyn. Let us all know when you leave for the hospital so that we can keep you in our prayers and keep the good thoughts radiating towards Ohio at that point in time—and the recovery weeks afterwards. What a great way to keep track of time and health victories! I love it! I will be using mine to track time until my hubby’s oldest son’s wedding, then until my oldest son’s first baby is born, then until my second child’s first baby is born! What a year this will be! ~Shelly~

Simone de Klerk said...

What a nice way to make your 2009 challenge! That way it won't be so big (O: