05 February 2009

January Done - Oh Dear I'ts Already February???

I am very excited to have January done!! I realized when I checked in at the very beginning I really didn't do an introduction so here goes. My name is Cheryl and I am 57 years old and live in Calif. My husband and I both recently retired. We have a 29 year old married son, and a 26 year old daughter zoo keeper....plus our very first grandson. I started quilting about 24 years ago, and was lucky enough to work in a quilt shop for 16 years. I recently retired to be able to watch my grandson two days a week while his mommy is busy being a nurse. What fun we are having!!

Have to say I really struggled with getting started. I have been checking daily all the wonderful progress you all have made and the different settings people are using. Wow, they all look great.
Well yesterday I decided time to get busy. I have my blue bird jar that I have been throwing bits in to. I do bindings for customers and some of the tails are in there, and then there were some projects I made in January using charms, plus a Christmas stocking I worked on using a jelly roll, and even a couple Valentine projects. First I worried I wouldn't have enough, and then I realized with all the charm scraps I had plenty, with some leftovers in the jar. I like the idea of using fabric from projects I have worked on during the month, so this is going to be some wild and crazy quilt. Happy February everyone!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks great, beautiful mix of colours!

Shelly said...

Cheryl, I love the way it looks. It is so festive looking--not at all the way the weather has been in January here and everywhere else! Happy February! ~Shelly~

Simone de Klerk said...

This looks very nice! I still have to finish January. My daughter keeps reminding me. I think I will work on it this weekend.
Happy weekend and happy quilting!
Simone

rachel griffith said...

LOVE it!!!
:D