28 March 2009

March by GARI




I completed my March block early because I didn't want to be behind. So far I have been able to keep up. To help me out I have set up a list of primary colors for each month: I want the blocks to be distinctive even if/when I have to repeat some fabrics. I have really enjoyed working on this and have found that I can also use parts of orphan blocks (cut into strips). My DH's birthday is in March so for the 22nd block down I used part of a hunky cowboy (don't I wish) fabric. Just my little inside joke.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Looks great Gari! I FINALLY got February finished--so I guess you could say I'm just a little behind! LOL

Sheri Howard said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I am working on getting the pattern finished. I love your what I call, "making yardage" with all those strips! I love them. Sometimes I cut them up into squares about 7" x 7" and then sash them into a quilt. I love that scrappy look. Thanks again! Happy Sewing!

Carrie P. said...

Very nice, isn't it nice to be caught up?