20 March 2009

Just thinking

So, I have been thinking of what I want to do for when this quilt is finished. I am thinking of buying a bolt of black fabric to use for borders and such. I was also thinking I might use it for the back, or either use up certain fabric that I bought about 9 years ago when I bought my sewing machine and was learning to sew. Not sure. Do any of you have ideas for this??? Oh btw, I am awaiting the arrival of Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray to learn the beautiful needlework you all do!! I cannot wait. I have also been learning to applique (yeah, using Pat Sloan's book!!) So slowly but surely I am improving my skills in the quilting front!! Yay me!! I am anxious to hear what you all are planning or thinking!!!

3 comments:

sweetbabies00 said...

I am also wanting to learn how to do the stiching. Let me know what you think of the book. For the back, I would use that old fabric and piece it up with some other pieces that you love, but only have a piece of, or or extra blocks and stuff from this year. I love backs that have a "story" also. :)

Stacey said...

I have been told that this book is the best for learning (I have also been told it is a beginner book, which I am, so I am excited!!) but the dang thing is taking forever to come :O( me being very impatient!!!!

Carrie P. said...

I have not thought that far ahead with my calendar quilt so I am not any help right now.
I have the book you are waiting for and it has the most fun things in it to stitch.
Congrats on learning applique. It is my favorite thing to do.