17 July 2009

Half Way

So here we are half way through the year and I've managed to keep up, yipee!
*
Here is my month of June . . . all fabrics have been won on ebay over a period of time.


April, May and June all together. Of course I'll be joining them vertically to form the second column of my quilt.


Not only have I finished sewing the first six months, but I've gone back and embroidered the name of each month on the first days. Just as well, I needed to think for a short moment which was which month for a couple.



To be really on top of things, I've also sewn the strips together for July. Like the month of April (fabrics from BFF Kerry) and June (fabrics from ebay), the fabrics for July are not from my stash. Once I've embroidered 'July' . . . I'll show and tell.
*
It's so exciting to see the months laid out to form half a quilt top, I'm very pleased with it so far. Hope everyone else is having some sewing time.


5 comments:

Kaye said...

I also am up to date, but not as energetic as you. I wrote the name of each month with a Sharpie pen. I also noted Birthdays of our family's members on their BD

rachel griffith said...

they look great!!!
:)

l said...

I really like the months embroidery! I am just working on July too.

Carrie P. said...

Looking good. I have to admit I am behind but I am excited to see you right on schedule.

pat sloan said...

the embroidery is really nice... love your quilt!